So I guess it’s a double dose of Weekend Reads since I was on travel last Friday and didn’t do a post. It has a been a crazy few days! Pursuing personal and professional development on the west coast (which included multiple trips to Tartine Bakery – see above!) and then jetting back to Maison Awesome. I have a great weekend ahead (friends coming over for dinner, a massage (FINALLY!) and general revelry. I hope you get to enjoy your weekend as much as me!
- As a person who occasionally deals with allergies, I never will think of tissues the same way!
- I can barely draw anything on paper so looking at these works of art made in sand is just mind blowing.
- Combining my love of fashion and GoT – the craftsmanship is incredible! I think I will start taking a closer eye to the detail of the clothes from now on.
- Who doesn’t enjoy seeing cute critters? How about cute critters playing a keyboard?? Yeah, that was a big “AWWWW” I just heard.
- If you’re a canine lover this will certainly tug at your heartstrings!
- So I’m not usually one for sweets but I’m always ready to eat whatever the locals do and here’s a handy slideshow of favorite candies from around the world. I’d like to get my hands on the candies from India – who can hook a girl up?
- Since we’re talking about food, here are several more reasons why eating Vietnamese food is healthy for you. Of course, something I already knew 🙂
- The next time I’m Paris, I’m going to want to check out this newly renovated Art Deco hotel which is also designated as a French historical site. The first modern bikini was unveiled at this location in 1946.
- If you can’t make it to Hong Kong, you can still check out this light show created for Art Basel by artist Carsten Nicolai. There’s an app and everything.
- Kicking off Friday with my continued obsession with peonies. If you’re like me and wishing that Spring lasted a little longer, I see these blooms and my mind wanders to cooler weather.
Enjoy the weekend!