The week has been a roller coaster, with all the news reports around the world and people leaving us much too soon. It’s nice to live in the moment and to cherish people who bring joy and happiness to your life. I had friends over for dinner on a school night just so the Mister could eat the lemon blueberry cake (we can’t possibly finish the whole cake by ourselves so having reinforcements helps!). The weather has been incredibly reasonable for August in DC, so much so that I purchased a box of pumpkin spice chai tea for my morning ritual. I know, I know, autumn will come soon enough but I can live with waking up in the low 60s and having a high in the low 80s more often in the summer. This weekend includes going to a “see you later” party and hanging at the National Harbor w my mom, so I’m keeping fingers crossed that the humidity doesn’t come back just yet. I hope you enjoy your weekend!
- The Mister and I are **still** figuring out where to go for the end of year vacation. Maybe having too many choices is a bad thing! Where would you go to ring in 2015?
- I’ve been cutting cheese incorrectly and now, I picked up a few tips about drinking champagne.
- Brace yourselves my fellow DMVers, it looks likes we’re going to have a snowier winter than last year!! You can see what you can expect for the end of year, beginning 2015 weather forecast. I might have to move to San Francisco to wait it out.
- I’m not sure if Aurnia would let me do this with her. Probably not.
- I’m confused and I’m Vietnamese! My other Asian friends can also relate in their own way too (video).
- Being flirty = being more attractive. Science backs it up!
- Let’s see if I can train my brain to start working like this – I can certainly use a siesta about 4pm on the daily. I like the results of being happier and being well rested.
- My soon to be freshman in high school cousin is on a trip to Rome and the Vatican as a graduation present. I’m glad that Pope Francis shared his thoughts about how to live a happier life. I absolutely agree with him. There still might be hope for this Catholic girl yet!
- I feel like there would most certainly be pieces missing to this game/project!
- This week’s #floralfriday is PERFECT.
Thanks for reading! Have a great weekend!