WOW – this week sure flew by! Last week was a bit relaxed with the 4th of July holiday and then BOOM! the week took a life of its own.
Got back in the groove of doing events and had great fun hosting a group of female friends for summer cocktails. Raspberries + gin = Dangerously Delicious Libation (that will have to be a post in of itself!).
I’m looking forward to seeing my family on Sunday. I missed them last weekend with the travel schedule so we’re back to family dinner! We’re trying a new restaurant with friends on Saturday night and I’ll be cheering on Deutschland (YAY to having paternal German ancestry) for the World Cup! Hope you have a great weekend planned!
- I’m always talking about food and most importantly, eating food and while I can’t eat these, it made me hungry all the same!
- I’m always in awe of artists in whatever medium they design their craft. #2 was just way cool for me.
- I’ve only just started to get into taking pictures (thanks Instagram!) because I believed in capturing the moment in my memory. Thankfully there are others who like using their cameras because these photos of the AAPI community are fantastic. Thanks to the Smithsonian APA Center for curating the collection.
- So I may or may not make it to France before the end of the year (my goal was to go once a year and so far, I’ve bungled that almost 2 years in a row now!) so I guess I will need to resort to these French inspired readings instead.
- I’m such a planner but sometimes I should just roll with it.
- As much as I cook at home, I normally almost never make Asian inspired foods. This guide might help me to tackle more noodle dishes!
- I have several friends who work for the Aspen Institute and they have a great series of transcripts from their Ideas Festival. There’s one in particular that I’ll be reading, “Beyond the Hype: Does It Really Pay to Invest in Girls?” – my gut just screams YES!!!
- Almost like having a scratch and sniff book just in email form. Tell me when the bacon is ready!!
- #FloralFriday – what’s more perfect in summer than sunflowers?
Enjoy the weekend!